Hong Kong: Swiss Chicken, Souffle and Mango

We woke up at 3:30am and drove to Toronto. We decided to park our car at the Park n’ Fly and took the shuttle straight to the airport.


Bill and I waiting patiently at the gate.

It was our first time flying to Hong Kong from Toronto – it took close to 15 hours! That was one of the longest flights I have ever been on. After our very long flight, we arrived at the Hong Kong International Airport and took the Airport Shuttle home. My dad picked us up at the Airport Express Station and we headed home to unpack.


I’m not saying this just because Bill’s my boyfriend, but he is the best travel companion ever. If you’re lost anywhere in the world, you want Bill to be there. He ended up teaching me directions during our trip, and we were on my turf. Bill also made a list of restaurants that we should try out. We went to most of the places, which I will be blogging about.

The first place we went to is Tai Ping Koon (太平館餐廳). It’s a really old restaurant chain and they are famous for their massive souffles and Swiss chicken wings, which I blogged about when I first moved to London. Having tried these wings again after 2 years, I found out my version actually didn’t really taste like the original.


Here’s my dad! Dad kept our arrival a secret from our sisters for months.


Bill and I:


Here is the massive souffle we’ve all been waiting for:


It was a really good way to start our trip.

Later we went home and scared the sh*t out of my second sister, Winnie (hereinafter, WYJJ).

WYJJ drove us to Causeway Bay to do some walking around. Here are some pictures of some buildings in Hong Kong:

DSCF0156 DSCF0157

DSCF0162 DSCF0165

We walked around the shopping malls and settled at a dessert place called Hui Lau Shan ( 許留山). They specialize in Mango desserts. They are more of a chain so they aren’t the best, but this gives you an idea of some Hong Kong Desserts:

DSCF0167 DSCF0168 DSCF0169

Bill bumped into a highschool friend in the middle of the sidewalk – one of the busiest intersections in Hong Kong during the busiest time of the day – shocking.

The timing of our arrival actually worked out quite well because the next day was a stat holiday and I was able to hang out with my second sister and my dad!